Situated on the Northwest corner of Dunaweal Lane and the Silverado Trail in Calistoga, the twenty-five acre property is considered a historic vineyard in Napa Valley. The property was the original homestead of Captain Reason P. Tucker, who gained notoriety for leading the efforts to rescue the survivors of the ill fated Donnor Party. The residence at Canard was built in 1859 and quickly became the center of social activity in the area during the late 1800’s. Zinfandel was planted over 120 years ago and remarkably those dry farmed vines still stand, yielding a small quantity of incredibly elegant fruit which goes into our highly coveted Reserve Zinfandel. Over the years, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and of course our Cabernet Sauvignon were planted and have been meticulously cared for using painstaking but extremely effective vineyard practices. Creating wine at this level demands a great deal of discernment and sacrifice and most of it takes place in the vineyard. The result is the culmination of what man and nature can do when they work together in harmony.